Sunday, June 13, 2010

Avon 2009

10/25/09

I got home from my weekend in Charlotte earlier than I expected. The Avon Walk was a great success in spite of the fact that I spent two days in a van “sweeping” walkers who were injured or just too tired to go on. My partner was a woman from Chicago whose passive-aggressive personality is rivaled only by that of my late mother. Enough said. I will not open my suitcase tonight because I am afraid the whole weekend will jump out at me like a jack-in-the-box. Oh, and I raised $5062.00 for the event - all by myself. My goal is to continue my association with Avon until I have raised $50,000.00, and this total will take me almost to that amount. (Applause, applause)! As much as I miss Clint, I’m glad he wasn’t here to make the trip. The hotel was awful, and it rained so hard on Saturday morning that it flooded sections of the walkers’ route. I was too aggravated most of the time to miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Compliments are always wonderful, but please feel free to leave constructive criticism. How can I learn and grow without your input?