Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Welcome to Living Through It

Clint and our sweet friend, Deidra, at a Red Cross Fundraiser


Hello, and welcome to Living Through It.  I am Claudia Schlottman, and proud and honored to have been chosen by Pam and Sandy to be the Blogger of Note on their wonderful site Words of Wisdom for Friday, June 25.  These good souls have created a safe place to showcase good writing, and I am happy to be here!  So grab their button and start reading good stuff.

Let me tell you a little about me.  I am 62 years old, a widow for one year,  after being married to the Love of My Life almost 35 years, and I began this blog two months after my husband Clint’s death on June 8, 2009.  After his death I was unable to write anything, though I have been writing for years.  I live in the Heat Belt of Middle Georgia with my two dogs, Belle, a Boxer,
and Honey, a Lhasa Apso.

I’m an RN planning to go back to work in Hospice very soon.  My mentor is Rosemary Daniell, in whose ongoing writer’s workshop for women, “Zona Rosa,” in Savannah, I have participated off and on since 1996.  Oh, and I have participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer since its inception in 2004, and I have raised over $30.000.00!!

I chose to link you to this blog because I have finished it believe it has a beginning, a middle and an end.  It tells the story of my painful journey in search of myself without Clint in my life.


Here are three links to posts I believe to be representative of my work.  I hope you enjoy them and decide to follow me as I continue to learn and grow.

One of my recent poems - there are others!

Frozen Heat

Two Weeks from Hell Part - 5

In Dreams

14 comments:

  1. Thanks!! We can eat Frosted Flakes together!! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia (I got it right this time!) I've never know which blog to go to and really still don't. It looks like this one is closing its doors. Help a gal out, won't you please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your BON day. I can't even imagine the feeling of your loss but I'm glad that you can soothe yourself with writing. It's the best form of Cheap Therapy I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your BON day. I am so sorry for your loss. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from BON. I can only imagine the process of losing such a loved one and surviving it yourself. I think it speaks to the power of blogging that it can be used as an outlet, a support system, and creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudia, Congrats on your most deserved BON day. So nice to see a familiar name/site there on the WOW homepage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claudia and welcome to our tribe - isn't it fun to be a BON> - well done - I'm off to read your other posts now. As I lost various members of my own family I too found solace in writing - don't stop. Hugs and blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came from WOW to say congrats on you BON

    ReplyDelete
  9. @All of you, Thank you for being here! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

    @croneandbearit, Thanks so much for becoming follower of The Red Sweater. I will go to your blogs as soon and I can and sign up to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your BON day. I've just read many of your posts... You have written with great honesty and passion and courage, and I feel privileged that you've shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claudia, found you on WOW BON and am very glad I did. You face a long, hard, journey it is true but you are already part way there. Keep writing, keep dreaming, and one day, you'll wake up and find the sun has come out just for you.
    Writing is great therapy.
    Constructive criticism? Um, I did find negotiating the blogs a tad difficult but glad I persevered!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Deborah,
    Thanks for your kind words and, I am especially grateful for your comments on navigating my blogs. I am still learning! Haven't yet figured out how to make buttons for my blogs, bit I haven't give up either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claudia!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing me today! We are both Delbert fans. yay! I am so glad that I found your blog. I know it's going to bless my heart. I can tell already. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a boxer!!!!! She is beautiful. I have two brindles. My blog is full of their photos. I'm pretty much in love w/my doggies, especially with three kids out of the hosue and the fourth with one foot out...

    This was a fun post - a get to know ya

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Compliments are always wonderful, but please feel free to leave constructive criticism. How can I learn and grow without your input?