Friday, June 11, 2010

Coping?

11/23/09: I seemed to have found my “Holiday” coping mechanism in a controlled mania. I make cheese straws every day, clean my house when it doesn’t need it, knit and knit and knit some more and not get anywhere with the stocking I’m trying to knit for Isabel. In just a few minutes I am going to dress and go to the knitting shop an stay all day if I have to. This pattern and I have been at war for a couple of months now. Seriously.

1/24/09: I did work on the stocking for hours yesterday afternoon and am finally on the right track. Evenings are making me anxious, so I am saving errands for late afternoon. It didn’t work yestrday, and I was shaky and anxious all evening. If I can just make it though the next few days, I will be okay.

I have my Thanksgiving menu planned. I’m going to put on my favorite gown and robe - the ones Clint bought for me last August in Newport - and settle into my bed to watch the Macy’s parade while drinking good champagne and eating chocolate mousse and cheese straws.

I’ve already made my batch of cheese straws this morning, and now I am going to get fingerprinted. It’s a requirement for me to have my registered nurse license reinstated. I am so anxious to go back to work. I wish I could work on Thanksgiving and Christmas days, but it won’t happen. It will probably be the end of January before I am licensed again. I have too much time on my hands and I am a good nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Compliments are always wonderful, but please feel free to leave constructive criticism. How can I learn and grow without your input?