Friday, June 11, 2010

Parrish

11/05/09: Tomorrow I will drive to Atlanta to spend 2 nights with Parrish. It is our “Thanksgiving” together. I bought him a ticket and he’s flying in and taking Marta to the hotel and I don’t know how I am going to handle it, but I will find the energy and strength. I love him with all my heart, he is my flesh and my only offspring, but it takes immeasurable emotional energy to deal with him, his hyperactivity, his tendency to perseverate, his poor self image, over-excitment, his poor judgment. He is kind hearted, well met, intelligent,well educated and just as crazy as a bat.

I guess the time has come to write about Parrish, mentally ill with bipolar schizoaffective disorder, alcohol and drug addicted, 40 years old and living in a group home for other people with overwhelming mental problems, who like him, are unbalanced and medicated and have good days and bad ones. I’ll have to do this in installments. There is too much to tell. Maybe I should start a new blog just for Parrish. I think that is what I will do. This blog is about Clint and me, and Parrish and his problems are black hole that will suck the energy of my thoughts and memories of Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Compliments are always wonderful, but please feel free to leave constructive criticism. How can I learn and grow without your input?